Does my Business Still Require a Local Sponsor for Business in UAE?

Only if your Business is Commercial or Industrial

Let us help you find the a Local Sponsor for your Business

local sponsor for business in uae

For Business to Grow & Thrive you Need a Partner not only a Sponsor


One of the most common questions asked by first-time entrepreneurs in this part of the world is whether they need a local sponsor (Nominee Shareholder) in Dubai. The answer depends on many factors, including your nationality and the type of business you wish to set up.

If you’re a non-Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) national looking to set up a business with a commercial or industrial licence on the United Arab Emirates mainland, then yes, you will need a local sponsor as a business partner. If, however, you are setting up in a free zone, or your business activity is covered by a professional services licence, a local sponsor is not required.

If your business does require a local sponsor, Express Business Services is on hand to help.

First, you’ll need to establish a mainland Limited Liability Company (LLC)—of which you retain 49% ownership with the other 51% going to the local sponsor. Rest assured, however, that profits are not split along the same lines and your local partner will have little-to-no say in the day-to-day running of your company.

Finding a local sponsor in Dubai, can be a demanding process for startups and new entrepreneurs. The local sponsor must either be a UAE national (also knows as an Emirati) or a corporate entity. The corporate entity must be completely owned by UAE nationals and comprised of a board of directors.

Ready to Setup your Business in the UAE?

Join the list of our over 20,000 Customers Worldwide who we have helped.

Speak to our Specialist Today

You could call us, email or contact us via the website and we will be right with you.
Click Here

Join 20,000 happy customers!

2 Home Online Training Testimonials 1
“I am grateful to Express Business Dubai in helping me setup my Health Training and Gym The services were smooth and they genuinely care about helping their clients..”
Korey Torres
2 Home Online Training Testimonials 2
"Express Business Dubai made setting up my business a breeze. Their genuine care and seamless support turned a daunting task into a smooth success. From paperwork to actual setup, they had my back. Thanks to them, I'm up and running smoothly, and I couldn't be happier."
Terry Dennis
2 Home Online Training Testimonials 3
“Highly recommended! They have such a big variety of services that I can always rely on them to help our company with legal and government related services!”
Katy Gilmore
Years in Business
0 +
Nationalities Served
0 +
Happy Customers

Let’s make your vision a reality!

Find out how much it will Cost you to setup your business in UAE

Home Page Form

Request a Call Back

Want us to call you back to discuss your project? No problem! Please leave your name and phone number and we’ll get back to you soon.